Ice Point Check
Ice Point Check for Penetration Probe & IR Instrument.
1. Fill a container 3/4 full of crushed ice or ice cubes
2. Add water until it just covers the ice
3. Place thermometer probe into the iced water and gently stir until the temperature stabilizes or the auto hold function is enabled.
Note: Instruments without auto hold function - a stable reading for at least 5 seconds must be made. The Testo 104 thermometer probe stabilized reading should display 0˚C (±0.5˚C). If outside of this range, please return instrument to Eurotec for evaluation.
For IR Instrument:
1. Tear a paper towel and place on top of the icy water. Allow the paper towel
to absorb the water before taking a reading.
2. To take a reading using the Testo 831 Infrared gun style thermometer, simply press the trigger (press the ON button of the Testo 805).
Note T831: Ensure both lasers are pointing at the paper towel. Note T805: as close to the target as possible without touching the surface. Repeat the process 3 times to gain confidence in the reading.
A good reading for both the T831 & T805 is 0˚C (±2˚C) If outside of this range, please return instrument to Eurotec for evaluation.
Infrared useful Tips:
Before performing an ice point check with the infrared thermometers, first check the emissivity setting. This is represented by “”. To access this setting on model T831 only, press the UP arrow for 3 seconds. A value of 0.95 will appear, if different use the up/down arrows to change the value to 0.95.