ALL PRICES ARE EXCLUSIVE OF GST
Part No. 0563 8165
- Automatic measuring range switching between 30 and 130 dB, including Auto-Range function
- Frequency evaluation according to characteristic curves A and C
- Time evaluation can be changed between Fast and Slow
- Internal memory for maximum and minimum values
The Testo 816 is ideally suited for sound level measurements at the workplace or for measuring industrial and environmental noise. The sound level meter has an AC/DC output for data reading. You can connect a recorder, an amplifier and a data logger to the instrument
The Testo 816 sound level meter is suitable for accurate sound measurement (such as that undertaken by assessors). The accuracy complies with class 2 according to IEC 651 (DIN EN 60651). The sound level meter can be put to excellent use for sound measurement at workplaces and in public places, or also in industry and manufacturing.
Areas of application for the Testo 816 sound level meter
Use the Testo 816 sound level meter for reliable determination of dB values in the following applications, among others:
- Heating technology: measurement of the volume of burners
- Industry and trade: measurement of machinery noise
- Event technology or public authorities: noise levels at events
- Building services: simple measurements by caretakers when there are complaints
- Trade: checking compressors and assembly
The advantages of the Testo 816 sound level meter
The Testo 816 has many technical features for professional sound measurement:
- The sound level meter covers the 30 to 130 dB range. Over this range, you can manually set the individual measuring ranges of 30 to 80, 50 to 100 and 80 to 130 dB or activate the Auto-Range function.
- The AC/DC output for a standard 3.5 mm jack plug enables flexible data reading. A recorder or an amplifier can be directly connected to the instrument via the AC output. A recorder or data logger can easily be used directly on site via the DC output.
- You can switch the time weighting between Slow (1 s) and Fast (125 ms), depending on the requirement. In addition, you can choose between two frequency weightings: characteristic curve A corresponds to the perception of sound by the human ear, characteristic curve C evaluates the low-frequency portions of a sound.
- In addition, you can recalibrate the testo 816 sound level meter directly on site using the sound calibrator, which is available as an option, and the screw driver, which is included in the delivery.
- The readings can easily be read on the illuminated display, even if visibility is poor. Further details of useful equipment: tripod socket, min./max. function, Auto-Off function and 8 V input.
Testo 816 sound level meter according to IEC 651 class 2, including case, wind protection, adjustment screwdriver, 3.5 mm jack plug and batteries.
Measuring range 30 to 130 dB
Frequence range 31.5 Hz to 8 kHz
Accuracy ±1.0 dB
Resolution 0.1 dB
Measuring rate 0.5 s
General technical data
Dimensions 309 x 68 x 50 mm
Operating temperature 0 to +40 °C
Pressure dependency -0.002 dB/hPa
Frequency weighting A/C
Section measuring range 30 - 80 dB; 50 - 100 dB; 80 - 130 dB
Time weighting FAST 125 ms setting / SLOW 1 s setting
Battery type 9V block battery, 6F22
Battery life 50 h
Storage temperature -10 to +60 °C
- Contact Us
Domestic Shipping Rates:
- NZ Standard Shipping $12
- Heavy Good Shipping $22.50
- Chatham and Stewart Islands $56.50
- FREE shipping when you spend over $300
Important note: Please provide a physical address for delivery. We do not deliver to PO Boxes or Parcel Pods.
Testo Instruments New Zealand
C/- Eurotec Ltd
750C Great South Road
Ph: 09 579 1990
Easy to use and quick easy to follow instructions. Data logger function is so handy - especially for investigations where evidence is required.