This item is Price on Application. Please call 09 579 1990 and ask to speak with one of our Testo Instrumentation team members to purchase.
Part No. 0563 0885 V2
- Image quality: IR resolution 320 x 240 pixels
- SuperResolution technology to 640 x 480
- Thermal sensitivty <30mK
- Site recognition | Panorama Image
Voltage installation inspections, high temperature measurements and circuit board analysis on the one hand. Solar panel system inspections, complete building envelope thermography and construction thermography for energy saving advice on the other. The Testo 885 thermal imaging camera is excellently equipped for both professional industrial and building thermography.
In designing and developing the Testo 885, Testo has succeeded in providing a professional thermal imaging camera that combines an extensive range of functions for industrial and building thermography in just a single ergonomic housing.
Find out more about all the features of the Testo 885 thermal imaging camera
- Detector size 320 x 240 pixels: 76,800 temperature measuring points for precise measurements and superior image quality
- SuperResolution technology to 640 x 480 pixels: optional feature that enhances the image quality by a whole class. Makes the resolution of the thermal image four times higher
- Built-in digital camera with power LEDs: ideal for allocating thermal and real images and for compiling perfect documentation for customers
- Easy-to-use, ergonomic twist grip and tilt/swivel display
- Thermal images can also be saved as JPEG
Special practical features of the thermal imager for building thermography
- 30° lens for wide field of vision: the standard wide angle lens offers a wider angle of vision and provides the user with an at-a-glance view of the temperature distribution of the measuring object
- Panorama image assistant: The panorama image assistant enables you to analyze and document an all-in-one image made up of several individual images when measuring larger measuring objects. This saves you from having to view, compare and catalog scores of individual images and also allows you to create complete building envelope images
- Special measuring mode for detecting places where there is a particular risk of mold. The dew point in the room is calculated by manually entering the ambient temperature and humidity. The dew point is then compared to the surface temperature which the camera has measured. The traffic light colors (red, yellow, green) on the display show where there is the greatest the risk of mold.
- It’s easier still with the optional wireless humidity sensor: the readings are automatically transferred to the camera so that there is no need to enter the ambient temperature and humidity manually
Special features for industrial thermography
- SiteRecognition technology: for recurring thermography images of similar objects. The SiteRecognition technology recognizes the measurement site and automatically allocates and archives the thermal images
- Optional high temperature measurements up to
- Process analysis package (optional): a combination of fully radiometric video and sequence storage in the camera enables you to carry out cable free measurements making it infinitely easier to handle the camera
- Interchangeable lenses (i.e. for use with the optional telephoto)
- Lens protection glass (optional)
- Auto focus
- Minimum focusing distance 4 in.
- Headset for voice annotations
The Testo IRSoft pro-software included in delivery enables you to assess the thermal images directly on your PC.
- Rugged carry case
- testo IRSoft pro software
- SD card
- USB cable
- Shoulder strap
- Lens cloth
- Power adaptor
- Li-ion battery
Why fever measurement with thermography?
An important indicator for infection is increased body temperature (compared to other people in the immediate surroundings), generally known as fever. Thermography is the ideal method for scanning not just individuals, but also large flows of people.
To do this, the temperature at the inner corner of the eye is measured, and an alarm triggered if it deviates. This allows persons with increased body temperature to be identified quickly and reliably, and to be isolated for more exact testing.
Testo 885 for Fever Detection
With the new Testo FeverDetection assistant, the Testo 885 thermal imager is perfect for identifying potentially ill persons.
- Reliable: up to 1280 x 960 pixels resolution (with testo SuperResolution) and good thermal sensitivity
- Flexible: HDMI interface allows for data transfer to an external screen, they can also be used in semi-stationary applications, such as security checkpoints
- Easy: can be used by the most diverse staff, thanks to high level of user convenience For the purposes of fast training of security personnel and staff, we will soon be providing a video with step-by-step instructions.
Infrared image output
Focus auto / manual
Infrared resolution 320 x 240 pixels
Image refresh rate 33 Hz
SuperResolution (IFOV) 1.06 mrad (standard lens), 0.38 mrad (telephoto lens)
SuperResolution (Pixel) 640 x 480 pixels
Geometric resolution (IFOV) 1.7 mrad (Tele: 0.6 mrad)
Minimum focus distance 0.1 m (Tele: 0.5 m)
Field of view 30° x 23° (Tele: 11° x 9°)
Thermal sensitivity ˂ 30 mK at +30 °C
Image output visual
Minimum focus distance 0.5 m
Image size 3.1 MP
Display option IR image / real image
Number of colours 9
Colours 9 (iron, rainbow, rainbow HC, cold-hot, blue-red, grey, inverted grey, sepia, Testo)
Display type 4.3" LCD touchscreen with 480 x 272 pixels
Video output USB 2.0
Reflected temperature manual
Transmission correction Included
Measuring range -30 to +100°C; 0 to +350 °C (switchable); 0 to +650 °C (switchable)
High temperature measuring +350 to +1200 °C
Accuracy high temperature ±2 °C, ±2 % of m.v.
Surface moisture distribution Included
Humidity measurement Optional
Solar mode – manual Included
Analysis function up to 10 measurement points, Hot/Cold Spot Recognition, up to 5 x area measurement (min/max & average), Isotherm and alarm values.
Digital camera Included
Process analysis package Optional
Video measurement up to 3 measurement points
Voice recording Bluetooth****/wired headset
Laser Laser marker
Panorama image assistant Included
Standard lens 30° x 23°
Exchangeable lenses 11° x 9°
Interface Labview; USB
File format image .bmt; export option in .bmp; .jpg; .png; .csv; .xls
File format video .wmv; .mpeg-1
Storage device SD cart 2GB (approx. 1500 - 2000 images)
Operating time 4.5 h
Mains operation yes
Additional storage battery Li ion rechargeable battery exchangeable on site
Battery type Fast-charging, Li-ion battery can be changed on-site
Charging options In instrument / charger (optional)
Housing protection class IP54
Air humidity 20 to 80 %RH non-condensing
-30 °C; 60 °C
-30 to +60 °C
-15 °C; 50 °C
-15 to +50 °C
Weight (without package) 1,570 g
Tripod mounting 1/4" - 20UNC
Product-/housing material ABS
Dimensions 253 x 132 x 111 mm
System requirements Windows 10; Windows 7 (Service Pack 1); Windows 8; Interface: USB 2.0
Standards, tests, warranty
General technical data
Product colour Black
Display lighting bright / normal / dark
Checking as part of electrical maintenance
In electrical installations or cables, increased temperatures are always an indication of an overload, an imminent malfunction or an existing defect. Testo thermal imagers facilitate evaluation of the heat status of low, medium and high-voltage systems. Thermographic images lead to the early detection of defective components or connections, so that the necessary preventive measures can be introduced in a targeted way. Thermography therefore minimizes dangerous fire risks and prevents costly production downtimes.
Typical applications for the thermal imager:
- Checking switch cabinets
- Checking electrical connections
- Monitoring and checking photovoltaic systems
- Checking as part of mechanical maintenance
Monitoring and checking solar energy systems
There are two main reasons for inspecting solar energy systems: safety and performance monitoring. Solar energy systems achieve their top performance in full sunshine. Testo thermal imagers can be used to monitor photovoltaic systems of all sizes in a way that is wide-ranging, contact-free and exceptionally efficient. Malfunctions are detected, the proper functioning of all components is ensured and the greatest possible efficiency is thus achieved. Additional reliability is also achieved through the ability to enter the key measurement parameter of solar radiation intensity: the value entered is stored with the thermal image and is then available for the image analysis.
Analysing building shells at a glance
The task of taking thermal images of large buildings poses several challenges for users. Spatial restrictions due to walls, roads or safety zones around neighbouring buildings can make it impossible to capture the measuring object in a single image. In such cases, Testo thermal imagers help users obtain the necessary overview. The panorama image assistant can be used to combine several images of the building shell taken at close range into a single thermal image. Users can therefore identify thermal irregularities at a glance across the entire building shell with a high degree of detail.
Providing comprehensive energy advice
In building thermography, infrared technology is particularly suitable for quick and effective analysis of energy losses in buildings’ heating or air conditioning systems. Thanks to their high temperature resolution, Testo thermal imagers provide detailed images of inadequate insulation and thermal bridges. They are ideal for the recording and documentation of energy losses on outer windows and doors, roller blind casings, radiator niches, in roof structures or the entire building shell. Testo thermal imagers are the perfect measuring tool for comprehensive diagnosis and maintenance uses, and whenever providing energy consultation services.
Making it possible to see critical temperatures on circuit boards precisely
In the field of research and development, thermal imagers are also used for the targeted analysis of temperature distribution, e. g. on circuit boards. Electronic components on circuit boards are getting smaller and smaller – thus increasing the challenges with regard to heat dissipation. Only premium-quality thermal imagers with a really fine geometric resolution are suitable for this task. Analysis of the heating and cooling behaviour over time is also helpful for optimisation and this can be carried out using the Testo thermal imager's video measurement
- Contact Us
Domestic Shipping Rates:
- NZ Standard Shipping $10
- Heavy Good Shipping $20
- Chatham and Stewart Islands $50
- FREE shipping when you spend over $300
Important note: Please provide a physical address for delivery. We do not deliver to PO Boxes or Parcel Pods.
Testo Instruments New Zealand
C/- Eurotec Ltd
750C Great South Road
Ph: 09 579 1990